What are Terms of Service? They lay out the rules we use to govern the intellectual property on this site. Essentially, this is a contractual agreement between Hotiful.com and you, the user of this site and its services. Read the information to the left to figure out specifically what can and cannot be done with the work seen on this site without our permission, and to understand the restrictions on what each of us is and will be responsible for in relation to the service.We provide Terms of Service because it is important for you to understand the rights you have and the rights we have in providing this platform for collaboration, communication, discussion and dialogue. Some things in these Terms of Service might surprise you because they are different from others. For example, we let you keep your ownership rights in content you provide to our service. So please read through this carefully, and if you have a moment to share, let us know what you think.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF SERVICE By accessing, browsing, or otherwise using the Hotiful.com website (the “Service”) you agree that you fully understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions stated in these Terms of Service.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICE
General Description. The Service is a collaborative website that allows HOTIFUL.COM members to share the celebrity images, stories, ideas and interests with the HOTIFUL.COM community. Through the Service you are able to comment on content found in HOTIFUL.COM website. You can also make connections with friends and learn about others in the HOTIFUL.COM community.
Right to Modify Service. HOTIFUL.COM reserves the right to immediately change, suspend, remove, or discontinue any part of the Service or any content (whether submitted by HOTIFUL.COM or by a member) for any reason, without prior notice or liability.
Changes to these Terms of Service. HOTIFUL.COM reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms at this website. Non-material changes and clarifications will take effect immediately, and material changes will take effect within 14 days of their posting on HOTIFUL.COM. If we make changes, we will post them and will indicate the Terms of Service effective date. Your continued use of the Service indicates your acceptance of the current Terms of Service.
- MEMBER CONDUCT
Conditions of Use. As a condition of use, you agree to all of the following:
- You acknowledge that the service is for personal use only. You agree that you will not use the Service for any commercial purposes.
- You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your Username.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any Content (defined below) that you submit, post, and display on the Service, or that you allow others to submit, post and/or display on the Service under your Username.
- You must not harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate other HOTIFUL.COM members.
- You must not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- You must not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “affiliate links,” or any other form of solicitation.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not violate any local laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to intellectual property laws).
- You must not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. If you are an international member, you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable Content.
- You must not create multiple member accounts with the intention of artificially inflating ratings or exploiting other features in the Service.
- You agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and grant HOTIFUL.COM all of the license grants granted herein.
- You agree that you shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it.
- HOTIFUL.COM reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of HOTIFUL.COM at any time, for any or no reason, without prior notice or warning, and without liability.
- CONTENT SUBMITTED FOR INCLUSION OR MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE The Service permits you to share your celebrity pictures, news, polls, reviews or other content (“Content”) with members of the Service by uploading your Content to the Service. Because you own that Content, we need to license certain rights from you so that we can provide the Service. Content is not necessarily reviewed by HOTIFUL.COM prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of HOTIFUL.COM. HOTIFUL.COM makes no warranties, and hereby expressly disclaims all such warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other members.
License Grants. When you post your own copyrightable Content on or through the Service, you retain ownership of any copyright you claim to your submitted Content. However, by posting your Content through the Service you grant HOTIFUL.COM a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to (i) use, reproduce, publish, edit, translate, modify, adapt, distribute, prepare derivative works of, publicly perform, and publicly display the Content alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or later developed, and to (ii) freely and fully sublicense such rights through single or multiple tiers of sublicensees.
Links to Other Sites and Resources. The Service contains links to other websites or resources. HOTIFUL.COM has no control over such external sites and resources. You agree that (i) HOTIFUL.COM is not responsible for the availability or accuracy of such external sites and resources, and (ii) HOTIFUL.COM does not endorse nor is it responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or materials on or available from such external sites and resources.
Inappropriate Member-Submitted Content. HOTIFUL.COM prohibits certain conduct and Content described above and, without obligation, will use reasonable efforts to eliminate such conduct and Content. Nevertheless, you acknowledge and agree that (i) HOTIFUL.COM is not and cannot be responsible for Content posted by users, visitors, or members of the Service, (ii) you may be exposed to any such materials or Content, and (iii) you must bear all risks associated with the exposure to and/or use of any Content, including without limitation any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
- COPYRIGHT POLICY We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask that our website visitors do the same. It is our policy to disable access to or remove material that we believe in good faith to be infringing on a copyrighted work. We also disable and/or terminate the memberships of those who we believe in good faith are repeatedly infringing copyrighted works. Our Copyright Policy has been developed in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable laws. By accepting the Terms of Service, you agree to be bound by our Copyright Policy.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE PROVIDED BY HOTIFUL.COM SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HOTIFUL.COM, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. HOTIFUL.COM MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SERVICE, AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICE. HOTIFUL.COM DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND HOTIFUL.COM WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY YOU AGREE THAT HOTIFUL.COM AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, HOTIFUL.COM WILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE HOTIFUL.COMS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY HOTIFUL.COMS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- TERMINATION HOTIFUL.COM reserves the right to terminate your HOTIFUL.COM membership immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason. If HOTIFUL.COM terminates your membership, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. You can terminate your HOTIFUL.COM membership at any time and for any reason, and we will make available through the Service reasonable means for you to do so. All relevant terms of the Terms of Service will survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, licenses, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
- MISCELLANEOUS These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by HOTIFUL.COM without restriction.
Governing Laws. The Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Dispute Resolution. Except as provided herein, no civil action with respect to any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Terms of Service may be commenced until the matter has been submitted to JAMS for mediation. The parties agree that any such mediation shall take place in Fort Bend County, Texas, USA. Either party may commence mediation by providing to JAMS and the other party a written request for mediation, setting forth the subject of the dispute and the relief requested. The parties will cooperate with JAMS and with one another in selecting a mediator from JAMS’ panel of neutrals, and in scheduling the mediation proceedings. The parties covenant that they will participate in the mediation in Hotiful.com faith, and that they will share equally in its costs. All offers, promises, conduct and statements, whether oral or written, made in the course of the mediation by any of the parties, their agents, employees, experts and attorneys, and by the mediator and any JAMS employees, are confidential, privileged and inadmissible for any purpose, including impeachment, in any litigation or other proceeding involving the parties, provided that evidence that is otherwise admissible or discoverable shall not be rendered inadmissible or non-discoverable as a result of its use in the mediation. Either party may seek equitable relief prior to the mediation to preserve the status quo pending the completion of that process. Except for such an action to obtain equitable relief, neither party may commence a civil action with respect to the matters submitted to mediation until after the completion of the initial mediation session, or 45 days after the date of filing the written request for mediation, whichever occurs first. Mediation may continue after the commencement of a civil action, if the parties so desire. The provisions of this section may be enforced by any Court of competent jurisdiction, and the party seeking enforcement shall be entitled to an award of all costs, fees and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, to be paid by the party against whom enforcement is ordered.
Waiver and Severability.The failure of HOTIFUL.COM to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable under applicable law, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms of this Agreement, and without further action by the parties to this Agreement, such provision shall be reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable.
Notices. HOTIFUL.COM may provide you with notices, including, without limitation, those regarding changes to the Terms of Service and other service-related announcements, by email and/or by postings on the Service (for example, by posting to the blog, or on the relevant page(s) of the Service affected by such changes).
Trademarks. HOTIFUL.COM, the HOTIFUL.COM logo, and other HOTIFUL.COM logos and names are trademarks of HOTIFUL.COM. Under the guidelines of Creative Commons, you are free to share or remix the Hotiful.com logo or other brand material under one condition:
Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
With the understanding that:
Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license: Your fair dealing or fair use rights; the author’s moral rights;
Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
Contact Information. Please send any questions or comments, or report any Terms of Service violations, to contact.hotiful [at] gmail.com.